Friday, February 22, 2008

Success comes thru action

I attended the Scottsdale Job Network meeting on Tuesday and when I left I felt empowered to move my job search project into high gear. As I reached the parking lot, I looked at my watch and to my surprise, it was 11:45. I was having such a good time conversing with other job seekers and volunteers that I would not have guessed that I had invested 3+ hours of my day at this event. I volunteered to assist with the Operations portion of the meeting and it felt good to have a small hand in helping out.

About midway thru Jim O'Hara's presentation, it dawned on me that I've been doing many things right, but I've also made some mistakes in regard to my job search activities. I'm learning to keep on task, track my activity, follow simple steps and let the positive results appear.

All in all, it was a fun meeting with loads of great content and another opportunity to meet new people and get new ideas.

I want to recommend a book that I read a few weeks ago. The title is "Your Survival Strategies Are Killing You" by Martha Borst. http://www.marthaborst.com/marthas-book.php

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

0 comments: